Sunday, September 21, 2008

Leon Band

Leon Band, where to begin...I can't believe it was 14 years ago when the Leon Band became a part of me. I was so hesitant to join the band in high school because so many of my friends went to the other big high school. I'm so glad I stuck with it for all four years. It's still a part of me and the experience that made high school tolerable. I'm still in touch with so many friends I made in the Leon Band. Now, Lanie is a sophomore playing piccolo and flute in the Leon Band and even though the band director has changed the traditions are still the same. They still do the same dances to Jamaica and the Guillotine. So it was really neat to go back on Friday and climb up the giant ladder of death to get the annual Marching Band pic. We promised Cameron we would stay for the football game too. The band had a blast as did we. Thanks for letting me reminisce. Go LIONS!!! Oh and the football team won!