Thursday, December 11, 2008

Simone

This is personal - I'm traveling for work with my boss and coworkers. My boss, Vickie, takes her dog Simone to the vet when she travels. The vet called on our way to Tampa today stating Simone was showing signs of bloat - her stomach was twisting - Vickie authorized the vet to do whatever it took to make sure Simone was ok. They called her a few hours later and said they were closing after a complicated surgery and things would be touch and go. Within half an hour the vet called back and said Simone passed away. They did everything they could but Simone's age was working against them. She would have turned 12 in February. Simone was a loyal, sweet and camera shy German Shepherd. She was a good friend to Vickie and will be greatly missed. I can't imagine what Vickie is feeling right now but I wanted to dedicate a post to Simone, Vickie's baby. I feel lucky to have met Simone and capture this rare picture. Rest in peace Simoney.

No comments: